Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (Ts & Cs) apply to the Paisley Art Institute (PAI) 132nd Online Exhibition, displayed through this website.
Paisley Art Institute is a Scottish Charity No: SC000840
c/o Unit 33, Sir James Clark Building
Abbeymill Business Centre, Seedhill, PAISLEY PA1 1TJ
- Please read the Ts & Cs carefully before placing your order.
- By visiting making a purchase you agree to be bound by these Ts & Cs.
- You must be 18 years and over to shop on the PAI website.
- If you are buying on behalf of a business, you must have permission to do so.
- We reserve the right to amend these Ts & Cs at any time.
SALES & PURCHASE
If you have any technical problem in placing an order, please contact PAI directly. Sales enquiries will be handled by email only: mailto:email@example.com
- All prices are in Pounds Sterling, exclusive of packing and delivery.
- The total cost is the price of the artwork ordered plus delivery charges which are an added extra.
- For items sold to customers outwith the EU, import taxes will be due.
- You must pay in full for your purchase at the time of ordering, unless using the Own Art, Pay By Finance option.
- Payments through this site are secure and made through Paypal or Own Art.
- Shopping from outside the UK may incur an additional transaction fee for currency conversion.
- Receipts for you purchase will be emailed to you.
Buying through Own Art has its own requirements:
Own Art is available to all permanent UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status. This means that you must meet one of the following criteria in order to qualify for a loan.
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed).
- A retired person in receipt of a pension.
- A person in receipt of disability allowance (if you are not working but are married to or living with a partner who does meet the above criteria, then you may still apply provided that your partner consents for their employment details to be included on your application form).
- You have up to 14 days to change your mind about a purchase.
- Items may be returned within 14 days of notifying PAI, in re-saleable condition, with the original packing and with the labels attached.
- You are responsible for paying to return an item, and must obtain proof of shipping.
- Your original payment will be credited within 14 days of the artist receiving the returned artwork.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by our returns policy.
- PAI is committed to providing customers with the highest quality products and services.
- A faulty or defective item may be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange.
- No return is accepted for an item that has been damaged through accident, misuse, neglect or wear and tear.
Artwork requires special packaging and delivery arrangements.
- You must give your own name and address for delivery and purchase.
- You will be given a choice of delivery: courier; direct collection from the artist or a designated collection point.
- Delivery is arranged by PAI, in agreement with you, the purchaser, and the artist.
- Rates for delivery will depend on the size and weight of the items purchased.
- Payment for transportation, in advance of delivery, is agreed in writing with PAI, and is paid for separately.
- PAI does not insure work, nor is liable for packaging, transportation or loss.
- Delivery is possible worldwide.
- All artwork is sent using a reputable service.
- PAI works with couriers that comply with local and international delivery and customs regulations.
- Your purchase will be delivered within 30 days of your purchase, unless an alternative date has been arranged, in writing.
- PAI will notify artists of a sales purchase order.
- PAI artists have given permission for contact details to be exchanged with confirmed customers for courier collection/delivery purposes.
- The delivery instruction has the following details: customer name, address & telephone number item weight+dimensions, delivery date, name of person accepting the delivery.
Terms of Delivery
- All artwork deliveries will require a signature.
- We accept no responsibility for the signatory.
- Customers should retain copies of any courier instruction or paperwork, as it may be required as proof of delivery.
- PAI and the artist will consider the package correctly delivered if anyone in the receiving household accepts a package.
- Delays in delivery are possible around public or bank holidays.
- Couriers may observe any COVID-19 social distancing regulations in force.
Duties and Taxes
- The buyer is liable for all customs duties or tax levies for overseas shipping.
- These duties/levies may vary between countries.
- Artwork on this site is copyright of the owner of the works of art.
- Images may not be copied for any use without first receiving permission from the PAI and the original artist.
This agreement is subject to Scottish Law.
updated 24 July 2020