Become a member of PAI
Support Paisley Art Institute by joining as a Member.
We offer several types of membership.
Activities of the PAI
- An Annual Exhibition – large scale show running 6-8 weeks annually featuring between 400-600 works.
- A Biennial Drawing Competition – medium scale exhibition running 4 weeks featuring between 100-200 works.
- A Workshop progamme – (Free of charge to members) creative learning workshops for visual artists led by diverse, skilled and experienced artists members.
- Diploma of the PAI – an award of merit in recognition of artist members who have shown excellence in their field. An award of post-nominal credentials (letters after your name) ‘PAI’.
- Become a recognised member of a long-standing prestigious art institution.
- Be listed on the PAI members pages on our website, featuring your biography, details of your work and art practice and up to 5 images of your choice.
- Your contact details, web and social media accounts listed on your member’s profile page.
- Preferential rates for entering a number of artworks to the Annual Exhibition or Drawing Competition. (Open entrants can usually enter less works than members)
- Sell your artwork through our Exhibition programmes.
- Listed as a member in our Exhibition Catalogues.
- Invited to opening nights, private views and other parties or functions.
- Become eligible to stand for the voluntary committee and thereby influence the decision-making process.
- Become connected to other artist members living and working in Scotland.
- Promote your own work and projects through our social media channels.
Artist Membership is open to any practicing artist in the visual arts whose work may be considered suitable for exhibition. Applicants are invited to apply each year prior to each Annual General Meeting usually held in late October.
- Make an application using our PAYPAL LINK. Choose option “New Application Fee £15” (non-refundable). Once you have made your payment. Please send 3 images of your artwork and a CV by mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct banking payments can be made to ‘Paisley Art Institute’ Sort Code 80-07-74 Account no. 00701385. If you choose to pay by this method please email the Membership Secretary email@example.com and include your full name, postal address and telephone number
- Once you have paid please follow these further instructions about submitting artwork for review by the Selection Panel.
- Artist applicants will be selected on or around 31st October 2021. Applicants may be required bring work to a physical location for reviewing. Applicants may be required to bring work to a physical location for reviewing. Details will be issued nearer to the selection date. Details will be issued nearer to the selection date.
- A Selection Panel will make decisions on the applicants considered and recommendations passed to an AGM for ratification.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
- Successful applicants will be asked to make a £10 top-up payment, which along with the original application fee is the first year’s subscription. TOP UP LINK
- Thereafter artist members renew each calendar year at current annual rate of £25.
- Artist member renewals can be found at this PAYPAL LINK
- Make an application using our PAYPAL LINK
- Application Fee £15
- You will receive your membership card by post.
- Thereafter associate members renew each calendar year at current annual rate of £15
Make an application using our PAYPAL LINK
Application Fee £350
You will be posted a life membership card.
You can contact the Membership Secretary at: ) please include your full name, postal address and telephone number
Paisley Art Institute
c/o Unit 33, Sir James Clark Building
Abbeymill Business Centre, Seedhill, Paisley PA1 1TJ